In 2018 Healthwatch Sutton surveyed over 5000 young people aged 11-18, looking at their mental health needs.
- 6% of young people had experienced self-harm and a further 25% had felt lonely.
- LGB young people are four time more likely to have suicidal thoughts compared to those who identified as heterosexual.
- A decline in wellbeing was shown the more hours they spent looking at a screen.
- Young people's wellbeing steadily declines between 12 and 18 years of age.
- Two fifths of students said that they had sleep problems, and analysis showed that there was a direct correlation between improved wellbeing and the more sleep young people were able to get.
Read the full report below.
If you need this report in a different format, please email email@example.com or call 020 8641 9540.