We investigated these concerns between June and July 2016. We found:
- 91% of patients told us they trust the doctors taking care of them in both St Helier and Epsom Hospitals.
- 89% of patients trusted their nurses.
- 1 in 10 patients said that they felt there were not enough nurses on a weekday, rising to 1 in 5 patients when asked the same question about nursing staff levels at the weekend.
- Just under 50% of all patients surveyed said that they had been bothered by noise at night on the ward.
- We also received a number of complaints about the cost and availability of the use of the hospitals' TV/entertainment systems.
Read the full report to see what patients said and our recommendations to address their concerns.