Grassroots Scheme 2017/2018
Grants of up to £750 are available to grassroots and not often heard groups to run one-off activities or events that would be enjoyable for local people and give them an opportunity to share their views with the local NHS and Healthwatch Sutton.
After the success of last year, the Grassroots community funding scheme is running again for 2017/2018. The NHS in south west London is working with Healthwatch Sutton to speak to local people about what they think of local health services. They would particularly like to speak to people who do not normally share their views about local health services (unheard communities).
What can the money be used for?
We would like to fund activities and events that would be enjoyable for Sutton residents. Examples could include: dinner dances; pottery classes; fun days; drop in sessions; afternoon tea etc. The local NHS would attend these events/activities and spend part of the time talking to people local health services.
Who can apply for funding?
Local groups and voluntary sector organisations who work with, or support, people from groups with protected characteristics including:
- Children and young people and their families
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health conditions
- Older people
- People for whom English is not a first language
- Pregnant women and those who have recently given birth.
- People with physical disabilities
- LGBTQ communities
- People with different races and of different religions
- Socio-economically deprived communities
- Those affected by cancer
- Groups identified by Healthwatch Sutton as unheard
- Businesses and social enterprises who can demonstrate that the funds will be spent on community engagement on a not-for-profit basis
When do events need to be completed by?
All events/activities need to be held by the end June 2018
How to apply?
To apply please download and complete the below application and send it to Ishmael Evans firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post applications to:
Ishmael Evans, Healthwatch Sutton, Granfers Community Centre, 73-79 Oakhill Road, Sutton, SM1 3AA
Money will be allocated on a rolling basis - applications will close once all money has been allocated.